The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
909 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
The Heart Beat of Cardiology is a premier educational venue for echocardiography in clinical practice. This is held collaboratively with the University of Chicago Medical Center. The program is designed to accommodate the evolving needs of inquisitive attendees.
Topics covered will include practical echocardiography, pericardial disease, ischemic heart disease, heart failure, diastolic dysfunction, and valvular heart disease.
Unique Features: Audience response system to enhance immediate feedback. Easy access to faculty members. One-on-one interaction. Efforts will be made to introduce the clinical applications using new technology, however, there is no hands-on experience provided. Self-assessment questions to gauge outcome.
- Identify and quantitate valvular heart disease severity
- Apply current guidelines for management of valvular heart disease
- Use the ASE standard for quantification
- Apply conventional and tissue Doppler techniques to diastolic function analysis
- Interpret stress echocardiographic examinations
- Assess a broad array of patients with “heart failure”
This program is designed for adult cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, anesthesiologists, radiologists, nurses, cardiac sonographers, and fellows in training. Participants should have practical knowledge of echocardiography.