This will be offered in a livestreaming format only in Central Standard Time (CST)
- Viewing during livestream scheduled times recommended
- Course is recorded, therefore, presentations are available to registered attendees for viewing for one year post course
- CME credit may be claimed for up to one year post course
- ABIM MOC points must be claimed within 30 days post course (prior to October 13, 2021)
We appreciate your understanding at this unprecedented time and hope to see you virtually, using a new interactive format, that will include the opportunity for faculty Q & A.
This 2 1/2 day course highlights interventional cardiology topics and information with practical application in studying for board certification in interventional cardiology. The course covers basic aspects of interventional cardiology, including catheterization laboratory equipment, radiation physics and safety, pharmacology, and procedural planning and performance. Specific patient lesion and procedural characteristics are highlighted including a review of challenging cases.
This course is primarily intended for cardiologists and cardiovascular fellows preparing for the ABIM Interventional Cardiology certification/recertification exam. However, this course also provides a focused state-of-the-art review of interventional cardiology topics for all cardiovascular practitioners and trainees.
- Describe bleeding risk with "triple therapy" post PCI
- Review current data regarding dual therapy combinations
- Review the use of OCT and IVUS in assisting with PCI plaque assessment
- Describe coronary physiology
- Review the principles of CFR, FFR, and IFR
- Determine the reperfusion strategy for STEMI patients who present to facilities with capability
- Review current evidence for the invasive management of Non-STE-ACS patients
- Indentifythe selection criteria and outcome data for Mitral Clip
- Distinguish the indications, complications, and long-term outsomes of TAVR
WHAT SETS OUR COURSE APART
- Blended live and online curriculum through a learning portal
- Learners who engage in the live/online content found an increase in their pre/post-test scores of over 35%
- Lectures presented by Mayo Clinic experts in each content area
- Access to 2020 online lectures before this year’s live course
- Access to the 2021 course content through the 2022 board examination date
- ABIM MOC: This course will provide a pre- and post-test to assess your knowledge before the course and once you’ve completed the course. This is an excellent prep tool for those taking or reviewing for their board certification. The post-test is also the evaluation tool that will be used to claim the available course MOC points. Learners will be given two chances to pass the post-test with a score of 80% or above in order to earn MOC.
Mayo Clinic is confident that each Cardiovascular Board Review offering provides all learners with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed at the boards. Feel secure in your purchase knowing that if our products don't sufficiently prepare you to pass your boards, our Board Pass Guarantee has you covered with an access extension. Credit is not available in the extended access period. Your post-assessment must be completed to show engagement.