To best serve the needs of our patients, communities, faculty and learners, the Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology: Review Course for Boards and Recertification will be offered in a livestream format only. After careful consideration regarding the health and safety of everyone involved, and out of an abundance of caution, we have made the difficult decision to switch the meeting to a virtual live event.
To ensure you have timely access to the latest medical education in an interactive format, course content will be offered via live stream, September 10-12, 2021. Watch the website for program information as it becomes available.
We appreciate your understanding at this unprecedented time and hope to see you virtually, using a new interactive format, that will include the opportunity for faculty Q & A.
This 2 1/2 day course highlights interventional cardiology topics and information with practical application in studying for board certification in interventional cardiology. The course covers basic aspects of interventional cardiology, including catheterization laboratory equipment, radiation physics and safety, pharmacology, and procedural planning and performance. Specific patient lesion and procedural characteristics are highlighted including a review of challenging cases.
This course is primarily intended for cardiologists and cardiovascular fellows preparing for the ABIM Interventional Cardiology certification/recertification exam. However, this course also provides a focused state-of-the-art review of interventional cardiology topics for all cardiovascular practitioners and trainees.
- Describe the “reperfusion dilemma” faced by patients who present to non-primary PCI hospital
- Identify factors that influence revascularization strategies and outcomes in ACS
- Determine indications and appropriate use of anticoagulant therapy in patients undergoing PCI.
- Identify the mechanisms of action for recommended classes of antiplatelet therapy with coronary indications
- Recall the indications for IVUS and OCT for quantifying plaque burden, plaque composition, non- atherosclerotic pathology, and assessing stent deployment
- Recognize factors that influence patient selection and outcomes from TAVR and manage complications appropriately
- Estimate the utility of invasive and non-invasive imaging for clinical decision-making in structural heart disease
WHAT SETS OUR COURSE APART
- Blended live and online curriculum through a learning portal
- Learners who engage in the live/online content found an increase in their pre/post-test scores of over 35%
- Lectures presented by Mayo Clinic experts in each content area
- Access to 2019 online lectures before this year’s live course
- Access to the 2020 course content through the 2021 board examination date
- ABIM MOC: This course will provide a pre- and post-test to assess your knowledge before the course and once you’ve completed the course. This is an excellent prep tool for those taking or reviewing for their board certification. The post-test is also the evaluation tool that will be used to claim the available course MOC points. Learners will be given two chances to pass the post-test with a score of 80% or above in order to earn MOC.
Mayo Clinic is confident that each Cardiovascular Board Review offering provides all learners with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed at the boards. Feel secure in your purchase knowing that if our products don't sufficiently prepare you to pass your boards, our Board Pass Guarantee has you covered with an access extension. Credit is not available in the extended access period. Your post-assessment must be completed to show engagement.