Mayo Clinic is committed to taking care of our patients, learners and staff. To prepare for a potential broadening of the COVID-19 outbreak and to help protect our communities, the Mayo Clinic is suspending live courses and conferences through June 30, 2020.
Registrants will be contacted by email as soon as possible with course-specific information.
Hilton Head Marriott
1 Hotel Circle
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
The course will begin with a discussion of echocardiographic assessment of left and right ventricular function, including presentations on diastolic function and strain imaging for assessing myocardial function. We will then discuss a broad range of disease states for which echocardiography is useful, including ischemic heart disease, valvular heart disease, pericardial disease, and cardiomyopathies. The presentations will include basic concepts as well as advanced techniques including 3-D imaging and strain imaging. Throughout the course many cases will be presented.
To reinforce the knowledge gained from the course and ensure lasting value to each attendee’s practice, Mayo Clinic provides access to all course presentations with voice-over recordings after the completion of the course.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Apply Doppler principles and hemodynamics to the assessment of valvular heart disease, including systematic assessment of prosthetic valves
- Use 2-D, Doppler and strain methods to assess myocardial function
- Illustrate the appropriate use of echo Doppler in myocardial and pericardial disease
- Describe the utility of echocardiography, including 3-D transesophageal echocardiography, for the interventional practice
- Integrate echocardiography into the diagnosis and management of heart failure
- Recognize clinical applications of stress echocardiography
This course is intended for adult cardiologists, cardiac sonographers, cardiology fellows, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and those who have basic experience and knowledge of echocardiography. This course is designed to further advance their experience in clinical application of echocardiography.