General Board Review: August 24 - 28, 2019
Optional Echo Focus Session: August 29, 2019
The conference is held at:
Mayo Civic Center
30 Civic Center Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904
Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Board Review for Initial Certification and Recertification (CVBR) will provide the cardiologist and internist with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine. Well-known experts in each field will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine. Each lecture will be followed by a question and answer session with an audience response system. Although this course is designed specifically to prepare the cardiovascular specialist for the cardiovascular boards, it will also provide the practicing cardiologist or internist with an update on the latest knowledge and advances in cardiovascular medicine.
We have included a sampling of our 164 CVBR course learning objectives for your review. Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the etiology and pathophysiology of restrictive and other non-dilated cardiomyopathies and use this information to effectively diagnose and manage patients
- Recognize and diagnose venous thromboembolism (VTE) and pulmonary embolism using the appropriate algorithm for VTE diagnosis based on a pretest probability of disease assessment strategy
- Identify cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients without known CAD and use them to predict the risk of future coronary events
- Identify the classification and mechanisms of action of antiarrhythmic agents
- Explain the physiologic changes that occur with pregnancy
For a full list of our course objectives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is intended for cardiologists, cardiovascular fellows, and general internists who want both a live forum and online platform to continue learning year-round. This option includes both admission to a 5-day live course in Rochester, Minnesota and the use of the online personalized and adaptive course before, during, and after your attendance (one year subscription).