This symposium is a comprehensive review of state-of-the-art echocardiography, cardiac CT, and MRI for a wide variety of cardiovascular disorders. We will emphasize new technologies and how to use imaging information for the care of your patients. Integration of Echo, CT, and MRI and their incremental value in clinical cardiology will be highlighted. An additional focus will be on the role of 2-D and 3-D echocardiography in guiding interventional therapies.
Unique to this course is live scanning of patients with various CV disorders. This session will emphasize the importance of comprehensive echocardiographic acquisition and management decision based on echocardiographic data.
- Imaging in echo, cardiac CT and MRI
- Strain imaging
- Congenital heart disease
- 3-D TEE
- Live scanning sessions
- Hands-on scanning opportunity
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon completion of this program, attendees should be able to:
- Describe applications of echocardiography, cardiac CT, and MRI to clinical decision-making
- Integrate Doppler, 2-D, 3-D echocardiography for management of patients with valvular heart disease
- Describe how to apply information from Doppler, 2-D, and strain imaging to management of patients with cardiomyopathy and heart failure patients including heart failure with preserved EF
- Integrate information from cardiac CT and MRI to compliment echocardiography evaluation of patients with valvular disease, cardiomyopathy, and heart failure
- Apply information from echo/Doppler, cardiac CT, and MRI to management of patients with congenital heart disease
- Describe how to critically appraise imaging data for use in case-based management
This conference is specifically designed for adult and congenital cardiovascular specialists, internists, anesthesiologists, critical care physicians, surgeons, and sonographers interested in the clinical application of echocardiography, cardiac CT, and MRI.