COURSE CONTENT COMING SOON!
Mayo Clinic Echocardiography Online Board Review course is designed for fellows and physicians who are within two years of their next board or recertification exam. This comprehensive online course will give you an adaptive online learning curriculum that will save study time, give you confidence to pass the exam, and most importantly enable you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
The Echocardiography Online Board Review course focuses on essential review and update on ultrasound principles, valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, ejection fraction, cardiomyopathies, congenital heart disease, cardiac masses, pericardial disease and newer applications of echocardiography. The program content will integrate perioperative echo track to meet the needs of learners studying perioperative echo. This online course has a focused emphasis on the NBE examination format covering the entire field of Echocardiography including ultrasound physics, 2D and M-Mode, hemodynamics, valvular heart disease, ischemic heart disease, heart failure and cardiomyopathies, pericardial disease, congenital heart disease, and newer imaging techniques.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Explain basic physical principles of ultrasound and instrumentation;
- Correlate cardiac gross pathology with echocardiographic images;
- Evaluate cardiac chamber size, left ventricular systolic and diastolic function, and right ventricular systolic function;
- Analyze and interpret echocardiographic derived hemodynamic data;
- Interpret transesophageal images and distinguish attributes and limitations versus transthoracic echocardiography;
- Evaluate acute and chronic ischemic heart disease using standard and stress echocardiography;
- Diagnose and quantify etiology and severity of native and prosthetic valvular heart disease;
- Distinguish and differentiate causes of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial disease;
- Diagnose and differentiate cardiac masses;
- Diagnose and distinguish diseases of the aorta;
- Identify echocardiographic features of systemic disease with associated cardiac involvement;
- Integrate new echocardiographic techniques.
This course is intended for cardiologists, echocardiographers, anesthesiologists, cardiac surgeons, and cardiology fellows. Participants with working knowledge of echocardiographic techniques and applications will benefit most from this program.
Board Pass Guarantee
If the learner did not pass the initial or recertification board exam and the learner completed the course post assessment with an 80% or higher passing score, the learner is eligible for another year of access to the online board review product for free. To process the request, a copy of the ABIM letter confirming the score results needs to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 days from learner’s receipt of the results.