Mayo Clinic Echocardiography Board Review - Viewable on DVD with Syllabus and Audio Flashdrive.
In your purchase, you received:
- 8 DVDs with over 30 hours of lectures and 125 post-test questions
- Printed Syllabus
- Audio FlashDrive - These files can be downloaded. Please note that Mayo Clinic CV Education does not provide customer service for this flash drive.
- The DVD format comes with 8 DVDs and an audio-only flash drive. These audio files can be downloaded and used alongside the printed syllabus, provided in your purchase, for viewing anytime. The DVD format now has a pre-test on the learning portal to identify areas of strength and weakness and then directing their learning with a personalized study guide that concentrates solely on areas where they need reinforcement. It will then direct the learner to the DVD that they need to view. The DVDs only require a post-test upon completion of viewing the DVDs to acquire AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points. The post-test questions are broke down in modules by DVD and credit can be obtained as you complete each DVD. You will have two years to obtain credit with this product.
- Mayo Clinic is not responsible and will not provide technical assistance for your computer, its peripherals, or software, including any other equipment or device not purchased through Mayo Clinic. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Mayo Clinic.
Content of this course is available for you to view whenever convenient for you. Credit must be claimed by May 8, 2021
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not 100% satisfied with your DVD purchase, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. Only refund requests made within the 30-day window will be granted. Please note that refunds cannot be given if you have already claimed CME credit for the course.
This enduring material is a recording of the Mayo Clinic Echocardiography Review Course for Boards and Recertification (June 9-12, 2018) in DVD format. Physician participation in this activity consists of reviewing the PDF presentations and video and completing the online exam with an 80% pass rate to claim credit. It is estimated that this activity will take 30 viewing hours to complete.
Mayo Clinic Echocardiography Review Course is designed to prepare attendees taking the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE) certification examination. It has a focused emphasis on the NBE examination format. This comprehensive enduring course, available on DVD, will give you a personalized and adaptive learning curriculum that is available anytime you want to access it. It gives you the confidence to pass the exam, as it is built out to the ABIM blueprint, and most importantly enables you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice. The course focuses on essential review and update on ultrasound principles, valvular heart disease, coronary artery disease, ejection fraction, cardiomyopathies, congenital heart disease, cardiac masses, pericardial disease, and newer applications of echocardiography. The program content will integrate perioperative echo track to meet the needs of learners studying perioperative echo.
Please note: This product is derived from the live board review course. Any references to the pre-test, online modules or portal tools are made in reference to the live course learning experience and are not a part of the DVD offering. Please refer to the DVD Breakdown in your uploaded materials for the content available to you.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Explain basic physical principles of ultrasound and instrumentation.
• Correlate cardiac gross pathology with echocardiographic images.
• Evaluate cardiac chamber size, left ventricular systolic and diastolic function, and right ventricular systolic function.
• Analyze and interpret echocardiographic derived hemodynamic data.
• Interpret transesophageal images and distinguish attributes and limitations versus transthoracic echocardiography.
• Evaluate acute and chronic ischemic heart disease using standard and stress echocardiography.
• Diagnose and quantify etiology and severity of native and prosthetic valvular heart disease.
• Distinguish and differentiate causes of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial disease.
• Diagnose and differentiate cardiac masses.
• Diagnose and distinguish diseases of the aorta.
• Identify echocardiographic features of systemic disease with associated cardiac involvement.
• Integrate new echocardiographic techniques
Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
This course is intended for participants with working knowledge of echocardiographic techniques and applications (cardiologists, anesthesiologist, cardiac surgeons, fellows in training and cardiac sonographers).