Mayo Clinic Cardiology Board Review - Viewable on DVD with Syllabus and Audio Flashdrive.
In your purchase, you received:
- 13 DVDs with over 46 hours of lectures and 191 post-test questions
- Printed Syllabus
- Audio FlashDrive - These files can be downloaded. Please note that Mayo Clinic CV Education does not provide customer service for this flash drive.
- The DVD format comes with 13 DVDs and an audio-only flash drive. These audio files can be downloaded and used alongside the printed syllabus, provided in your purchase, for viewing anytime. The DVD format now has a pre-test on the learning portal to identify areas of strength and weakness and then directing their learning with a personalized study guide that concentrates solely on areas where they need reinforcement. It will then direct the learner to the DVD that they need to view. The DVDs only require a post-test upon completion of viewing the DVDs to acquire AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM and ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points. The post-test questions are broke down in modules by DVD and credit can be obtained as you complete each DVD. You will have two years to obtain credit with this product.
- Mayo Clinic is not responsible and will not provide technical assistance for your computer, its peripherals, or software, including any other equipment or device not purchased through Mayo Clinic. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Mayo Clinic.
Content of this course is available for you to view whenever convenient for you. Credit must be claimed by September 14, 2020
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not 100% satisfied with your DVD purchase, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. Only refund requests made within the 30-day window will be granted. Please note that refunds cannot be given if you have already claimed CME credit for the course.
This enduring material is a recording of the Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Review Course for Cardiology Boards and Recertification (August 26-31, 2017) in DVD format. Physician participation in this activity consists of reviewing the DVD and completing the evaluation. It is estimated that this activity will take 46.25 hours to complete.
Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Review Course for Boards and Recertification (CVBR) provides the internist and cardiologist with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine. Well-known experts in each field will give in-depth didactics on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine. This review course is designed specifically to prepare the cardiovascular specialist for the cardiovascular boards; it will also provide the internist or practicing cardiologist with an update on the latest knowledge and advances in cardiovascular medicine. The Echo Focus Session is part of the enduring program as well. Please Note: The Echo Focus portion is “bonus” material and not intended for use for studying for boards.
Please note: This product is derived from the live board review course. Any references to the pre-test, online modules or portal tools are made in reference to the live course learning experience and are not a part of the DVD offering. Please refer to the DVD Breakdown in your uploaded materials for the content available to you.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
Attached is a sampling of our 164 CVBR course objectives for your review. Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Describe the etiology and pathophysiology of restrictive and other non-dilated cardiomyopathies and use this information to effectively diagnose and manage patients.
• Recognize and diagnose venous thromboembolism (VTE) and pulmonary embolism using the appropriate algorithm for VTE diagnosis based on a pretest probability of disease assessment strategy.
• Identify cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients without known CAD and use them to predict the risk of future coronary events.
• Identify the classification and mechanisms of action of antiarrhythmic agents
• Explain the physiologic changes that occur with pregnancy
Echo Focus Session Learning Objectives
• Utilize Echo and Doppler information for management of patients with various cardiovascular conditions.
• Identify new echocardiographic modalities for clinical use such as tissue Doppler and strain imaging.
• Recognize common and unusual cardiovascular conditions confidently by echocardiography.
Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
This course is designed to be a comprehensive cardiology review. This course is intended for cardiologists, cardiovascular fellows, and general internists.