This course will provide cardiologists and internists with an overview of many aspects of cardiovascular medicine in a case-based format to highlight practice dilemmas and key management strategies. Mayo Clinic faculty will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine with an interactive audience response system and questions and answers. This comprehensive program will be a valuable educational opportunity to provide an update for practicing providers with the latest clinical evaluation and management of patients encountered in daily practice.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- describe how to evaluate and manage patients with valvular heart disease
- describe how to diagnose and treat patients with ischemic heart disease
- develop a comprehensive approach to the clinical evaluation of patients with systolic and/or diastolic heart failure
- interpret common ECG tracings and cardiac arrhythmias
- describe treatment options for rhythm control in atrial fibrillation
- recognize common problems adults with congenital heart disease might face
This program will provide cardiologists, internists, fellows-in-training, and cardiovascular care associates with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine.
Personal Learning Portal - Included in Registration Fee (Value $1200)
This course offers a blended learning experience, including access to a personalized Learning Portal that is available for 6 months after the live course. Through an objective self-assessment, the Learning Portal will identify your personal knowledge gaps and will create your personalized study tools as you gain mastery. The result…expedited subject mastery and increased knowledge.
The learning portal will be available September 30, 2019. To maximize your learning experience, we recommend you take your pre-test before the live course. Once your pre-test is complete, your personalized study guide will automatically populate with links to content in areas in which you have the most room for improvement. As you progress through the live course and post-test later on, the study guide will automatically adapt to the mastery you achieve by adjusting your study tools to the areas needing your attention. This portal will provide a very valuable extended learning opportunity when you return home!
Additional online study tools:
- video tapes lectures on a wide variety of cardiovascular topics
- concise relevant chalk talks with Dr. Nishimura
- ECG refresher
- key lectures on hot topics in cardiovascular disease