Online Streaming Access
Access to online streaming course is available for 365 days from the date of purchase. Credit and MOC must be claimed within that time period. Materials are not available for download.
Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Online Board Review course is designed for fellows and physicians who are within two years of their next board or recertification exam. This comprehensive online course will give you an adaptive online learning curriculum that will save study time, give you confidence to pass the exam, and most importantly enable you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Online Board Review course is focused on topics and information with practical application in studying for board certification in interventional cardiology. The course covers basic aspects of interventional cardiology, including up-to-date, evidence-based recommendations on disease management and application of interventional procedures in a manner that filters the extensive guidelines documents and evidence-base into a more digestible format. Topics include catheterization laboratory equipment, radiation physics and safety, pharmacology, and procedural planning and performance. Specific patient lesion and procedural characteristics are highlighted including a review of challenging cases.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon the conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe bleeding risk with “triple therapy” post PCI;
- Review current data regarding dual therapy combinations;
- Review the use of OCT and IVUS in assisting with PCI and plaque assessment;
- Describe coronary physiology;
- Review the principles of CFR, FFR, and iFR;
- Determine reperfusion strategy for STEMI patients who present to facilities without PCI capability;
- Review current evidence for the invasive management of Non-STE- ACS patients;
- Identify the selection criteria and outcome data for Mitral Clip;
- Distinguish the indications, complications, and long-term outcomes of TAVR.
This enduring program is designed for, but not limited to, cardiologists and cardiovascular fellows preparing for the ABIM Interventional Cardiology certification/recertification exam. However, this course also provides a focused state-of-the-art review of interventional cardiology topics for all cardiovascular practitioners and trainees.