COURSE CONTENT COMING SOON!
Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Online Board Review course is designed for fellows and physicians who are within two years of their next board or recertification exam. This comprehensive online course will give you an adaptive online learning curriculum that will save study time, give you confidence to pass the exam, and most importantly enable you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Online Board Review course is focused on topics and information with practical application in studying for board certification in interventional cardiology. The course covers basic aspects of interventional cardiology, including up-to-date, evidenced-based recommendations on disease management and application of interventional procedures in a manner that filters the extensive guidelines documents and evidence-base into a more digestible format. Topics include: catheterization laboratory equipment, radiation physics and safety, pharmacology, and procedural planning and performance. Specific patient lesion and procedural characteristics are highlighted including a review of challenging cases.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the “reperfusion dilemma” faced by patients who present to non-primary PCI hospital;
- Identify factors that influence revascularization strategies and outcomes in ACS;
- Determine indications and appropriate use of anticoagulant therapy in patients undergoing PCI;
- Identify the mechanisms of action for recommended classes of antiplatelet therapy with coronary indications;
- Recall the indications for IVUS and OCT for quantifying plaque burden, plaque composition, non- atherosclerotic pathology, and assessing stent deployment;
- Recognize factors that influence patient selection and outcomes from TAVR and manage complications appropriately;
- Estimate the utility of invasive and non-invasive imaging for clinical decision-making in structural heart disease.
This enduring program is primarily intended for cardiologists and cardiovascular fellows preparing for the ABIM Interventional Cardiology certification/recertification exam. However, this course also provides a focused state-of-the-art review of interventional cardiology topics for all cardiovascular practitioners and trainees.
Board Pass Guarantee
If the learner did not pass the initial or recertification board exam and the learner completed the course post assessment with an 80% or higher passing score, the learner is eligible for another year of access to the online board review product for free. To process the request, a copy of the ABIM letter confirming the score results needs to be submitted to email@example.com within 60 days from learner’s receipt of the results.