Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Board Review - Viewable on DVD with Syllabus and Audio Flashdrive.
In your purchase, you received:
- 6 DVDs with over 18.75 hours of lectures and 80 post-test questions
- Printed Syllabus
- Audio FlashDrive - These files can be downloaded. Please note that Mayo Clinic CV Education does not provide customer service for this flash drive.
- The DVD format comes with 6 DVDs and an audio-only flash drive. These audio files can be downloaded and used alongside the printed syllabus, provided in your purchase, for viewing anytime. The DVD format now has a pre-test on the learning portal to identify areas of strength and weakness and then directing their learning with a personalized study guide that concentrates solely on areas where they need reinforcement. It will then direct the learner to the DVD that they need to view. The DVDs only require a post-test upon completion of viewing the DVDs to acquire AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points. The post-test questions are broke down in modules by DVD and credit can be obtained as you complete each DVD. You will have two years to obtain credit with this product.
- Mayo Clinic is not responsible and will not provide technical assistance for your computer, its peripherals, or software, including any other equipment or device not purchased through Mayo Clinic. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Mayo Clinic.
Content of this course is available for you to view whenever convenient for you. Credit must be claimed by September 28, 2020
Money Back Guarantee
If you are not 100% satisfied with your DVD purchase, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. Only refund requests made within the 30-day window will be granted. Please note that refunds cannot be given if you have already claimed CME credit for the course.
This enduring material is a recording of the Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Review Course for Boards and Recertification (September 8-10, 2017) in DVD format. Physician participation in this activity consists of reviewing the DVD and completing the evaluation. It is estimated that this activity will take 18.75 hours to complete.
Mayo Clinic Interventional Cardiology Review for Boards and Recertification course highlights interventional cardiology topics and information with practical application in studying for board certification in interventional cardiology. This comprehensive enduring course, available on DVD, covers basic aspects of interventional cardiology, including catheterization laboratory equipment, radiation physics and safety, pharmacology, and procedural planning and performance. The program content will integrate specific patient lesion and procedural characteristics are highlighted including a review of challenging cases.
Please note: This product is derived from the live board review course. Any references to the pre-test, online modules or portal tools are made in reference to the live course learning experience and are not a part of the DVD offering. Please refer to the DVD Breakdown in your uploaded materials for the content available to you.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Discuss the “reperfusion dilemma” faced by patients who present to non-primary PCI hospitals
• Identify factors that influence revascularization strategies and outcomes in ACS
• Determine indications and appropriate use of anticoagulant therapy in patients undergoing PCI.
• Identify the mechanisms of action for recommended classes of antiplatelet therapy with coronary indications
• Recall the indications for IVUS and OCT for quantifying plaque burden, plaque composition, non atherosclerotic pathology, and assessing stent deployment
• Recognize factors that influence patient selection and outcomes from TAVR and manage complications appropriately
• Estimate the utility of invasive and non-invasive imaging for clinical decision-making in structural heart disease
Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
This course is primarily intended for cardiologists and cardiovascular fellows preparing for the ABIM Interventional Cardiology certification/recertification exam. However, this course also provides a focused state-of-the-art review of interventional cardiology topics for all cardiovascular practitioners and trainees.