This course will be focused on heart failure seen in daily clinical practice. The program will be primarily case based with a few supplemental lectures covering the bread and butter for heart failure, novel therapies, hospital readmission and advanced heart failure. Save the date to spend a 1.5 days with faculty for an update in heart failure management and enjoying the land of 10,000 lakes.
• Recognize the clinical syndrome of heart failure and who is at risk
• Describe typical diagnostic testing essential for diagnosis and management of heart failure
• Apply appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic strategies for patients across the spectrum of heart failure
• Describe when referral for advanced heart failure therapies is indicated
• Describe treatment strategies to manage symptoms when conventional therapies have been exhausted
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
The symposium is designed for primary care physicians, heart failure, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and cardiologist caring for heart failure patients.