Thromboembolic and Other Venous Diseases
Currently accepting registrations!
- Recognize and diagnose venous thromboembolism (VTE) and pulmonary embolism (PE), using the appropriate algorithm for VTE diagnosis based on a pretest probability of disease assessment strategy
- Design a management plan for the stable patient with VTE and PE, selecting the appropriate length of treatment for patients with provoked and unprovoked thrombotic events, including the use of the newer oral anticoagulants
- Design a management plan for the unstable patient with pulmonary embolism, with consideration of guideline-based indications for thrombolytic therapy, inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement, and surgical intervention
- Recognize and appropriately manage other diseases of the veins and lymphatics, including lymphedema
- Describe antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and its diagnosis and treatment
NO CREDIT OFFERED. Available on DVD/Streaming Video or Streaming Video only.
Add to Cart