Success With Failure: Strategies for the Evaluation and Treatment of Heart Failure will feature up-to-date presentations on the evaluation and treatment of heart failure. New diagnostic tools, drugs, and devices will be reviewed along with their role in specific clinical situations. Integration of guidelines and clinical management will be highlighted. The program format includes interactive case based discussions, surgical and medical perspectives to ensure a lively and relevant educational opportunity for all participants.
• Identify relevant features of national heart failure guidelines
• Discuss the clinical profile of heart failure and differentiate between reduced and preserved ejection fraction patients
• Describe how to utilize medical devices and surgical therapies in the care of heart failure patients
• Characterize the timing and expected outcome for surgical interventions in heart failure patients including those with ischemic heart disease and valvular heart disease
- Preventive Cardiology
- Stage A/B/C Heart Failure
- Outpatient & Inpatient HF Care
- Cardiac Rhythm Disorders
- Interventional Procedures
- Hypertension Management
- Advanced Heart Failure
- Palliative Care and Hospice
- Readmission Strategies
- Pulmonary Hypertension
This conference is designed for cardiologists, internists, primary care providers, cardiac surgeons, physician’s assistants, and cardiovascular nurse practitioners and specialists caring for patients with cardiovascular disease.
Attendance of this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.