Rochester Marriott Hotel
101 First Avenue SW
POINT OF CARE ULTRASOUND TRACK
This course will provide training in point of care ultrasound (POCUS) with emphasis on practical performance. The dedicated 3 day POCUS track will provide a blended educational experience with short didactic sessions covering the principles of point of care ultrasound and the role of echocardiography in the evaluation and management of patients. Each day will include small group break-out sessions with a maximum of 5-1 student to instructor ratio with live models. These hands-on sessions will provide opportunity for the learner to implement the knowledge required during lectures and will facilitate the acquisition of scanning skills. Lectures will be through a case based format with use of audience response system for optimum participation. The course will cover aspects of point of care ultrasound of the cardiovascular system including cardiac, aortic, IVC, lung and peripheral venous imaging. Learners will also be introduced to the FAST exam.
Intended Audience - Point of Care Ultrasound
The point of care ultrasound track is designed for fellows in training, NP/PA students, NPs, PAs, and physicians who wish to gain basic and intermediate skills in handheld point of care ultrasound of the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.
Point of Care Ultrasound Track:
• Discuss the role of point-of-care cardiovascular and lung ultrasound in the evaluation of patients
• Demonstrate the ultrasound views for basic cardiac, vascular, and lung evaluation
• Recognize the complementary value of POCUS with advanced ultrasound techniques in the management of critical cardiovascular disease
ADVANCED ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY TRACK
This program will focus on comprehensive echocardiographic assessment of myocardial and valvular diseases including quantitative assessment, three-dimensional imaging, strain imaging, and other aspects of adult echocardiography. The lectures will be illustrated with digital image presentations of clinical cases in echocardiography and time has been allowed for participants to ask questions, as well as interact closely with the course faculty during hands-on breakout sessions.
Intended Audience - Advanced Echocardiography/Sonographer Track
This course is designed for cardiac sonographers, echo students, fellows in training, NPs, PAs, and physicians who wish to enhance their knowledge of the echocardiographic assessment of adult cardiac disease.
• Discuss standard echocardiographic methods used to assess cardiovascular disease
• Develop an integrated approach to the Doppler assessment of valvular stenosis and valvular regurgitation
• Discuss emerging applications of echocardiography in the evaluation of native and prosthetic valve dysfunction