$300 - Registration for this session only
$150 - With full Vascular Symposium registration
This special one-day segment of the Mayo Clinic Vascular Symposium will provide hands-on training for sonographers, and vascular imaging specialists interested in learning concepts and techniques that can be applied to optimize complex vascular ultrasound evaluation. Mayo Clinic experts in vascular ultrasound will review current challenges and discuss techniques for optimal acquisition and reporting with time for individual scanning to gain confidence in the learned skill. This will be conducted in an informal atmosphere, encouraging questions and discussion. Each topic area is paired with an opportunity for hands-on training under the guidance of experienced sonographer faculty. This course requires the participant to have experience with ultrasound scanning and Doppler principles as well as basic knowledge of vascular anatomy. Participants are also invited to register for the immediately preceding Vascular Symposium to further complete their educational experience.
- Understand and apply Doppler ultrasound principles to optimize acquisition of images in vascular evaluation
- Review interpretation criteria used to diagnose vascular abnormalities
- Demonstrate improved skills to identify and evaluate renal and mesenteric arteries
- Review scanning protocols and optimal technique for peripheral arterial and venous, hemodialysis cerebrovascular and abdominal vessels evaluation
- Familiarize with scanning technique used in unusual complex vascular exams such as thoracic outlet and radial artery evaluation
Session Brochure - Click here.