Content of this course is available for 365 days from your date of purchase. Credit and MOC must be claimed within that period.
Money Back Guarantee:
If you are not 100% satisfied with your online course subscription, please submit a request to email@example.com within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. Only refund requests made within the 30-day window will be granted.
If for any reason you don't pass the recertification board review and you have not yet claimed CME or MOC credit for the course, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 days from the receipt of results and a refund will be given to you for 100% of the purchase price and we'll give you another year's access to the online system for free. Please note that refunds cannot be given if you have already claimed CME or MOC credit for the course.
Mayo Clinic Online Echocardiography Board Review Course is designed for fellows and physicians who are within two years of their next board or recertification exam. This comprehensive online course will give you a personalized and adaptive online learning curriculum that will save study time, give you confidence to pass the exam, and most importantly enable you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
THIS COURSE OFFERS
- Superior content from Mayo Clinic faculty: World-class experts in Echocardiography give in-depth didactics on state-of-the-art subjects with content presented in a variety of engaging formats.
- Personalized learning experience: Physicians can test their relative knowledge vs. peers and identify personal knowledge gaps via a private self-assessment. The results then inform a personalized curriculum unique to your specific needs.
- An efficient study plan focused on those areas you need the most: No users’ study guide is the same. While all course material is available on the personalized platform for your review, your pre-test results drive the identification of individual knowledge gaps that then dynamically build a personalized study guide with content just for you. This enables you to focus on what is most relevant to achieving mastery, saving you time and frustration.
- Better retention and mastery of content: On average, physicians who completed this online course curriculum achieved a 21-point increase in knowledge demonstrated by the lift in scores from pre- to post-test. For those preparing for board exams this a confidence booster and greatly reduces anxiety.
- Easily accessible anywhere, anytime: The entire curriculum is available anywhere you have an internet connection, and accessible on both computers and mobile devices. We enable you to fit learning into your work/life instead of the other way around.
- CME and MOC credits while preparing for your boards: Submission of the mock board examination post-test with a score of 80% or higher makes you eligible for 30.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 30.25 ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Explain basic physical principles of ultrasound and instrumentation.
• Correlate cardiac gross pathology with echocardiographic images.
• Evaluate cardiac chamber size, left ventricular systolic and diastolic function, and right ventricular systolic function.
• Analyze and interpret echocardiographic derived hemodynamic data.
• Interpret transesophageal images and distinguish attributes and limitations versus transthoracic echocardiography.
• Evaluate acute and chronic ischemic heart disease using standard and stress echocardiography.
• Diagnose and quantify etiology and severity of native and prosthetic valvular heart disease.
• Distinguish and differentiate causes of heart failure, cardiomyopathies, and pericardial disease.
• Diagnose and differentiate cardiac masses.
• Diagnose and distinguish diseases of the aorta.
• Identify echocardiographic features of systemic disease with associated cardiac involvement.
• Integrate new echocardiographic techniques
This course is intended for cardiologists, echocardiographers, and cardiology fellows. Participants with working knowledge of echocardiographic techniques and applications will benefit most from this program.