Our 2020 Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Board Review will be presented as a virtual live-stream course in light of the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. This will be an interactive virtual experience that will deliver a premier learning experience and an opportunity to connect virtually with the speakers as well as course directors for interactive question & answer sessions.
This course requires a post-assessment upon completion with a passing score of 80% or better within two attempts to acquire AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM and ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points.
Access to course materials/videos will be available until October 15, 2021.
Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Board Review for Initial Certification and Recertification (CVBR) will provide the cardiologist and internist with an overview of all aspects of cardiovascular medicine. Well-known experts in each field will give in-depth, engaging lectures on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine. Each lecture will be followed by a question and answer session with an audience response system. Although this course is designed specifically to prepare the cardiovascular specialist for the cardiovascular boards, it will also provide the practicing cardiologist or internist with an update on the latest knowledge and advances in cardiovascular medicine.
We have included a sampling of our 164 CVBR course learning objectives for your review. Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the etiology and pathophysiology of restrictive and other non-dilated cardiomyopathies and use this information to effectively diagnose and manage patients
- Recognize and diagnose venous thromboembolism (VTE) and pulmonary embolism using the appropriate algorithm for VTE diagnosis based on a pretest probability of disease assessment strategy
- Identify cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients without known CAD and use them to predict the risk of future coronary events
- Identify the classification and mechanisms of action of antiarrhythmic agents
- Explain the physiologic changes that occur with pregnancy
For a full list of our course objectives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is intended for cardiologists, cardiovascular fellows, and general internists who want both a live forum and online platform to continue learning year-round.