Content of this course is available for 365 days from your date of purchase. Credit and MOC must be claimed within that period.
Money Back Guarantee:
If you are not 100% satisfied with your online course subscription, please submit a request to email@example.com within 30 days from the date of purchase for a full refund. Only refund requests made within the 30-day window will be granted.
If for any reason you don't pass the recertification board review and you have not yet claimed CME or MOC credit for the course, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 days from the receipt of results and a refund will be given to you for 100% of the purchase price and we'll give you another year's access to the online system for free. Please note that refunds cannot be given if you have already claimed CME or MOC credit for the course.
Mayo Clinic Online General Cardiology Board Review Course is designed for fellows and physicians who are within two years of their next General Cardiology board or recertification exam. This comprehensive online course will give you 365 days of access to a personalized and adaptive online learning curriculum that will save study time, give you confidence to pass the exam, and most importantly enable you to bring the most current medical knowledge back to your daily practice.
THIS COURSE OFFERS
- Superior content from Mayo Clinic faculty: World-class experts in each field give in-depth didactics on state-of-the-art subjects in cardiovascular medicine. Content is presented in a variety of engaging formats.
- Personalized learning experience: Physicians can test their relative knowledge vs. peers and identify personal knowledge gaps via a private self-assessment. The results then inform a personalized curriculum unique to your specific needs.
- An efficient study plan focused on those areas you need the most: No users’ study guide is the same. While all course material is available on the personalized platform for your review, your pre-test results drive the identification of individual knowledge gaps that then dynamically build a personalized study guide with content just for you. This enables you to focus on what is most relevant to achieving mastery, saving you time and frustration.
- Better retention and mastery of content: On average, physicians who completed this online course curriculum achieved a 32-point increase in knowledge demonstrated by the lift in scores from pre- to post-test. For those preparing for board exams, this a confidence booster and greatly reduces anxiety.
- Easily accessible anywhere, anytime: The entire curriculum is available anywhere you have an internet connection, and accessible on both computers and mobile devices. We enable you to fit learning into your work/life instead of the other way around.
- CME and MOC credits while preparing for your boards: Submission of the mock board examination post-test with a score of 80% or higher makes you eligible for 46.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 46.25 ABIM MOC Medical Knowledge points.
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Describe the etiology and pathophysiology of restrictive and other non-dilated cardiomyopathies and use this information to effectively diagnose and manage patients.
• Recognize and diagnose venous thromboembolism (VTE) and pulmonary embolism using the appropriate algorithm for VTE diagnosis based on a pretest probability of disease assessment strategy.
• Identify cardiovascular disease risk factors in patients without known CAD and use them to predict the risk of future coronary events.
• Identify the classification and mechanisms of action of antiarrhythmic agents
• Explain the physiologic changes that occur with pregnancy
Echo Focus Session Learning Objectives
• Utilize Echo and Doppler information for management of patients with various cardiovascular conditions.
• Identify new echocardiographic modalities for clinical use such as tissue Doppler and strain imaging.
• Recognize common and unusual cardiovascular conditions confidently by echocardiography.
Please Note: The Echo Focus portion is “bonus” material and not intended for use for studying for boards.
This course is designed to be a comprehensive cardiology review. This course is intended for cardiologists, cardiovascular fellows, and general internists